WNEP-TV, the ABC affiliate in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pa. has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer. The EP oversees all elements of news programs as well as help inspire and manage a talented, passionate staff. The ideal candidate will have a passion for teaching strong storytelling at one of the most successful newsrooms in the country. The position requires strong editorial judgment, a strategic mindset and an aggressive approach to covering breaking news on digital and broadcast platforms. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and a propensity for taking on and executing big projects.
- Copy editsnews stories by reporters and writers
- Coaches and provide regular feedback for producers
- Producesspecial news events, shows and coverage outside the daily newscasts
- Assists with hiring newscast producers and associate producers
- Assists News Director and Assistant News Director in managing the day-to-day news operation
- Participate in daily planning meetings
- Contributes story ideas for newscasts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism preferred
- 3-5 years minimum producing experience
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Must be well-versed in local, national and international news stories
- Requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- We respectfully request no phone calls please.