The Digital Sales Manager is an integral part of our sales management team. This position is directly responsible for achieveing digital revenue goals and budgets against our multiple digital content and audience extension platforms, including station website, apps, social media and third party partnerships. In achievement of budget the position works in tandem with the Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager to directly and indirectly influence all sellers, setting account executive digital goals and leading revenue efforts.
- Create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the AE’s and sales leadership to assist all withprospecting, building plans, negotiating and closing deals. This includes creation of revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser goals to our multimedia digital properties.
- Develop and sustain a business plan to exceed the station’s digital sales budget.
- Actively lead and direct digital inventory management and pricing strategies.
- Forecast revenue accurately. Produce reports as needed.
- As the responsible party for digital margin, be involved in or set up clear guideposts for all digital campaigns.
- Build a winning, positive and passionate digital sales culture by leading through example.
- Act at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers todrive digital performance for all stakeholders.
- Conduct digital training, and overall coach to cross-media revenue best practices.
- Ensure all digital presentations, solutions, and go to market sales plans reflect professionally and well on the company.
- Partner with News, Creative Services and other station departments to support the overall growth of our digital audiences.
- Engage with your corporate digital support team, activate on any company wide sales initiatives and group sales projects.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support digital initiatives including ad operations, creative, marketing services, analytics partners, contesting and email programs, lead generation, search, and others.
- Digital experience a must, digital advertising sales preferred.
- Sales management experience a plus.
- Ability to translate and communicate problems into opportunities.
- Presentation experience, excellent written and verbal communications essential.
- Creative thinking essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manage time wisely, and prioritize projects and people.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, screen sharing, Excel, social media, etc.
- Some technical skills to work with ad tags, analytics, campaign tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity