PurpleSun was called a “Game Changer in Health-Tech” by the Wall Street Journal. We are a Healthcare technology startup in New York and are focused on providing smart, app-enabled, light-based technology systems for infection prevention in the hospital setting.
Summary: This is not a regular job. PurpleSun is on a mission to move mountains in healthcare and this role is only for the strong hearted. You have a real opportunity to make a significant impact to healthcare.
You will be responsible for the industrial design of new products, creative design, online presence, and digital content at a rapidly growing startup. Your ideas, methods, and detail oriented nature will play a critical role in the evolution of the company and its culture. Your role will be to capture the design including product development, marketing materials, digital advertising content, web design in order to curate entire user experience to align with our brand identity.
The company will be growing before your eyes, the journey will be fun, and the role provides opportunity for growth. Excelling in PurpleSun depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, and diversity you bring to the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial design
- 2-5 years working as a industrial designer, creative designer, or digital designer
- Experience designing new products
- In-depth experience with design programs such as, CAD or Solidworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Ability to work within PC Microsoft Windows and Apple environments. Advanced computer and software proficiency working in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat X., Slack, Google Apps, Dropbox, iphone apps, and operation of other peripheral devices
- Self-starter with excellent follow through and time management skills
- Fast and efficient execution of tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- High energy, helpful and enthusiastic. “No task is too big or too small” attitude
- Strong character with poise and professional control under pressure
- #PSP = PurpleSun Prepared
Key Functions of the Role:
- Key contributor in launching of the company's first product and communicating the voice, feel, and user experience to a wide base of stakeholders and customers through industrial design
- Key contributor to the curation of the full user experience of the PurpleSun brand
- Create concepts for new products
- Design dynamic, brand-appropriate marketing materials that reinforce our marketing strategy and concepts.
- Facilitate brand’s product vision by working closely with PurpleSun’s founder and marketing members
- Identify design problems and design pixel-perfect, strategic solutions
- Advocate for intuitive user-centered experiences and brand-influenced design solutions
- Design content for a wide variety of digital and physical media, including advertising, websites, customer materials, social media, events, office branding, and presentations
- Represent the Company in an appropriate and professional manner in all types of communications and settings; exhibit professional demeanor when dealing with managers, staff, colleagues or vendors; maintain professional attitude and composure in stressful or conflict situations
- Must have good judgment and exercise the utmost discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Be a team player and contribute to startup-like activities as needed
Experience & Skills:
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience with branding and product design
- Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision, Zeplin, and other design platforms
- Collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams (brand, marketing,
product development, sales)
- Experience working in technology or healthcare industry
- Great organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
To Apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email include your resume as well as answers the following questions:
1) How do you go about capturing the look, feel, and branding of a company and its products?
2) Have you ever worked at a startup?
3) If you're working with a product too large to bring in for a demo, what tools and strategies would you use to communicate brand and impact to the customer?
4) Why would we want to spend 14 hours a day in the office with you?
5) What does #PSP stand for?